Friday, October 2, 2009

Quotes

"Fairy tales do not exist to tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed."
--G. K. Chesterton

Children are remarkable for their intelligence and ardour, for their curiosity, their intolerance of shams, the clarity and ruthlessness of their vision.
- Aldous Huxley

Sophia: Why do blessings wear disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked.
--Golden Girls

Blanche: The Great Herring War?
Rose: Between the Lindstroms and the Johannsens.
Dorothy: Oh, THAT Great Herring War.
--Golden Girls

Rose: Sophia, why are you in such a bad mood?
Sophia: Excuse me Rose, but I haven't had sex in fifteen years and its starting to get on my nerves.
--Golden Girls

“Life is just one damned thing after another.”Elbert Hubbard

2 comments: