Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Strange Days at Tommy Hilfiger.

You know, I really love my job. Well, it's possible that love is actually an overstatement. I really like my job. I like the people I work with (mostly) and I don't really mind the folding/hanging/ringing/refolding/stocking/etc. And for the most part, the customers are nice, friendly, understanding people. Of course, someone is going to be an asshole, but I don't really encounter that too often.

Aside from those things, I generally have fun at work even if it's a day like today: I worked 9 hours with an anticipated visit from corporate (Mark never did show up, by the way), and there were various funny things said over the walkies.

But today, bizarre things/slightly annoying things happened. First, I got to be someone's bitch. And by bitch, I mean this: The lady walks in, fills an entire bag full of clothes (this is usually a good thing). She then tries to take all 20+ items into the dressing room. I politely told her that she could only have in 6 items at a time, it's store policy. She huffed and puffed at me (but did not try to blow me down). Her son then went into the dressing room, and I politely told him that only one person was allowed to be in the room at a time. She got angry again. Her son left, and I proceeded to leave before I rolled my eyes at her.

About fifteen minutes later, I checked up on her to make sure everything was going smoothly. Apparently everything she tried on didn't fit her or it fit, but didn't go with a particular sweater. She wouldn't buy anything unless a shirt went with a sweater and vice versa.

In my attempt to get the woman out of the store, I ran around trying to pick out different sweater/shirt sets that she hadn't already tried. Toughest. Thing. Ever. She was fanatically picky, and I did this for about half an hour.

Each time I would go back to help her remove items she didn't want from the dressing room, they would be hung. And normally this wouldn't pose a problem except they were all hung inside out. Really? Really? You can't turn it right-side out? Sigh.

When she finally finished, another ten to fifteen minutes later, I was more than glad to see her go. She did buy a few things, I'm not sure what, but something. I hope she doesn't come back any time soon.

Now for the strange thing of the day:

A woman came into the store. I was folding shirts, when I overhear Kat say on the walkie, "Women's Shop 1 has just turned into a personal nursing station." I wasn't sure I heard her correctly at first, so I had to turn around.

And when I did...

The lady was stripping off her shirt. As in over her head to reveal her cami, nursing bra, and not-so-fit abdomen. I was shocked, appalled, and then confused. WHY would anyone do this? Why would you do it in front of a PICTURE WINDOW? What the hell, woman? Do you have no shame?

Thankfully, Sarah told her that she could go into a dressing room to change, but that she couldn't do it on the store front.

It's things like that, that make a 9 hour shift fly by. It's also why I really like my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment