Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Day

Here in northern Maryland where I'm located, it has been snowing for about 22 hours non-stop. What does that mean? THERE IS 20 INCHES OF BEAUTIFUL SNOW ON THE GROUND!

Never in my life have I seen so much snow. It's gorgeous! I'm so giddy at the moment I can hardly stand it!


It is, unfortunately, cramping my plans for tomorrow. I was supposed to go to New Oxford so I could sing at the choir concert, but I'm assuming that it is going to be cancelled. This means, that the concert will take place on the snow date, Monday. That's all well and good, but I have to work on Monday 4-close. The concert would be at 7. Do you see the problem?



So, I'm praying that CVSD decides to have a snow day Monday so I can see the concert at a later date.

Other than that, things should go according to plan. Church is going to be postponed for two hours, but Dad is still planning on having it.


I'm just excited that there is going to be a white Christmas! The last time I experienced one was the horrible ice storm NC had in 2003. It was the week before Christmas, I think, but this time, it's going to be legit.

I can't stop smiling.

Here are some more pictures I took today:






2 comments:

  1. I love the snow as well. I lived in Connecticut for a good portion of my life. I was used to having white christmas' and white lots other things around winter. When we moved down here, and the white christmas thing wasn't really common, it seemed, I really missed it. This makes me happy. PA is still missing the trees and hills I grew up in in CT, but it's a little better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 22hours?
    Thats actually really awesome
    considering it snowed for like 25mins then rained, then snowed a bit more, and we only ended up with half a centimenter of snow.
    Yay(!)

    ReplyDelete