Thursday, January 7, 2010

Two days ago, I woke up with a really bad cough, and when I got up yesterday morning, I felt pretty bad. Mom took me to the urgent care place that's just up the road from our house. It was a good thing, too. After cancelling my plans with Sarah to go to the Semi-Annual Sale at Vic. Secret and rescheduled for today, I went home and took a nap. When I got up, I had a major fever.

Normally, I would have gone back to bed, but Allison was coming down from N.O., and I haven't seen her since the summer, so I toughed it out until about 7pm yesterday. I spent last night sweating my fever out and trying not to cough up my intestines.

This morning, my fever was gone, but I was still feeling pretty awful. So, I had to tell Sarah that I wouldn't be able to go...again. I also had to get someone to cover my shift tonight.

Later this afternoon, I got a call from the urgent care facility. They had the results of the culture they took yesterday. Dun dun dun duuuun! I have strep throat.

Fantabulous. I hope I didn't get Allison sick.

Some good did come out of the day. I was able to pack my clothes for school, so now everything's all ready for Saturday (with the exception of some minor shifting of things in boxes).

Tomorrow, my parents and I are celebrating my birthday early (I'll be at SU on the 11th). I'm excited for that. I hope that I start to feel better tomorrow. I'm on an antibiotic and the doctor gave me these pills for my throat. They completely take the pain away!

Maybe by the time LeaderShape starts, I'll just have minor sinus stuff to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment