Sunday, January 31, 2010

Long-Awaited Entry

It's been eons, I know. The second week of class was this week and I am pleased to report that I still haven't fainted.

I started working at the calling center this week. I'm calling alumni and asking them to pledge money to the university. It's mostly a good job except when I talk to answering machines for two and a half hours like I did on Wednesday this week. But I get to choose my hours, so I can't really complain too much.

In Costume Tech, we're finally done organizing stuff and we're going to begin sewing soon. We're making PJ bottoms! I'm so stoked! Class on Friday went as follows:

Professor Gilmer: Grab a piece of paper and a pencil. Feel this fabric. It's 100% cotton. You need to get three yards of 100% cotton fabric and a yard of elastic. Have a great weekend.

Legit, the class was two minutes long. Best. Class. Ever.

My class schedule is pretty fantastic. I have only one class Tuesday and Thursday, so I have time to nap and catch up/get ahead on homework. It also allows me to read The Lovely Bones. Nicole's mom gave it to me when she heard I wanted to read it. It's so good. I've been reading all weekend.

Mostly my two weeks on campus has been great. I'm glad to be back. I finally got a group of friends I hang with and I've stopped feeling like such a third wheel/outsider. We're all planning on getting a suite together next year which would be fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Thats great! I love two minute classes! Some friends and I are also planning on getting a suite next year as well. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete