Monday, November 23, 2009

Dilemma


You know what can be very conflicting? Being honest. That can ultimately be a problem. At first though, you think, "Nah. How is that possible?" But if you truly dig deep to a time when being honest would hurt someone more than help, you understand what I'm saying.

I'm a pretty honest person. I try not to be brutally honest because I know that sometimes that can come off pretty harshly, but I always try to be truthful especially with my friends.

My problem as of late is between someone who is very close to me. We're friends, this person and I, best friends. But this person is a little lack-luster in the singing talent category. Now, this person isn't the worst singer in the world, that's been proven time and time again during American Idol auditions, but this person is no where near someone who I'd consider a "good" singer. And you know, it's really hard to be honest with this person because of his/her love for singing. I'm afraid if I say to this person, "You know, really, singing isn't your strong point. I know you like to do it for fun, but really, in reality, you're not very good." I fear that it will not only break her heart but our friendship.

And I know, I know, "If we're truly friends, it won't make a difference." But really, it will. It will make a difference, because this person will be heartbroken and angry with me for breaking the heart.

But honestly, I want to let this person know so that he/she isn't embarrassed when auditioning for various things. Who wants to be humiliated in front of a bunch of people?

Like, when you watch AI, don't you ask yourself, "Why in hell did their parents not tell them they sucked ass?" I can't be the only one to do that.

And I don't really want to pass this task down onto someone else. If I can't do it, I can't ask someone else to do it for me either.

Does anyone have any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment